The 22 Ways to Tell You Are From Philadelphia, YO!
22. You hate Dallas.
21. You Realize your favorite dessert is "wawder ice."
20. You find yourself using "yo" and "youse guys" when talking long distance to your family.
19. You can spell Schuykill.
18. You pronounce Acme as "ACK-A-ME."
17. You think that $2,500 a year for insurance on a 1977 Toyota Corolla is a bargain.
16. You find yourself in a nice restaurant thinking "I wonder if they have cheese steaks?"
15. You sleep soundly through gunfire and ambulances.
14. You visit New York and are impressed by how clean it is.
13. You believe the car on your left (with turn signal flashing and the driver pointing at your lane)
wants you to close the gap with the car in front of you.
12. You can't eat french fries without Cheese Whiz.
11. You call sprinkles on top of your ice cream cone "jimmies."
10. You don't think Wawa sounds funny.
9. You snub a cheese steak that is not on an Amoroso roll.
8. Your parents, brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles all live on the same block.
7. You know who Jim O'brien is and how he died.
6. You can't imagine lunch without a Tastykake.
5. You're still not sure about Jerry Penacolli.
4. A vacation down at the Jersey Shore (pronounced "shoore") is better than going to an island
because there is more stuff to do and you know everyone.
3. You know where to find the Rocky statue.
2. You know that only tourists go to Geno's, Pat's and Jim's for authentic cheese steaks. You only go there if you are drunk and it's 3:00 a.m.
AND THE NUMBER ONE SIGN THAT YOU KNOW YOU ARE FROM PHILADELPHIA.....
1. You buy a soft pretzel at a traffic light without wondering where the guy goes to wash his hands. And you know
what? You don't even care!